Motor Vehicle Replacement Title
If you applied for your title two weeks ago or more and wish to check the status of your application, please use our online inquiry form.
If you are planning either to buy or sell a vehicle and the vehicle’s title is missing, the owner of the vehicle must apply for a duplicate title. The sale is not valid without a properly assigned title. If the title has been mutilated or otherwise ruined, the owner of the vehicle must apply for a duplicate title in order for the sale to proceed.
If your title has been lost, mutilated, or destroyed, you may apply for a duplicate title.
To apply for a duplicate title, you must submit:
- An Application for Missouri Title and License (Form 108), completed in full and signed, including the following:
- A Missouri address must be indicated in the owner area on the application;
- Mark the block labeled "DUPLICATE" at the top of the form to indicate you are applying for a duplicate title;
- Complete the notary information near the bottom of the form, where it is marked "Notary-Dup. Title Only," and indicate the reason you need the duplicate;
- Have the form notarized. Your signature must be witnessed by a notary public, and the notary must complete the notarization box in the block marked "Duplicate Title Only";
- If you are applying for a duplicate title because your original title was mutilated, you must return the mutilated title with your application for a duplicate;
- If the title is to be mailed to an address other than that indicated in the owner's portion of the application, and no lien (loan) is indicated, please place an "X" in the "Mail To" block and write or type that address in the space provided. A title may be mailed to an address other than that indicated in the owner's portion of the application if there is only one lien (loan) indicated.
- If applicable, a notarized Lien Release (Form 4809) is required.
- Submit the appropriate duplicate title fee and processing fee.